Medicare, Well Spent
Lasso Healthcare is a Medicare-market health insurer offering individual Medical Savings Account (MSA) plans in over 35 states plus the District of Columbia. Lasso Healthcare is the nation’s leading MSA carrier. Offering MSAs in more locations and to more members than any other carrier. To offer best-in-class experience for their members, they’ve implemented a mixed operational model which includes a qualified third-party administrator, along with a national banking entity to administer the MSA’s banking components.
What is a Medical Savings Account (MSA)?
An MSA is a simple plan with two parts: a high-deductible health plan and a special, medical savings account. An initial deposit of monies is placed into your account. The monies are yours to spend, move to your own bank and/or invest. It’s easy to start:
- Establish high-deductible health plan AND medical savings account
- Lasso Healthcare deposits money into your MSA bank account
- You use your funded account to pay for your health care expenses
- Plan pays for Medicare-covered services once you reach the deductible
Quick Facts About MSA Plans:
- Medicare MSA is a high-deductible health plan and MSA account.
- MSA monthly premium is $0.
- You can use any Medicare participating provider in the United States.
- Lasso Healthcare deposits money from Medicare into your MSA account annually.
- You can use the deposit you get to help pay the deductible.
- Once your deductible is met, you pay nothing for Medicare Part A & B services.
- If you’re enrolled through December 31, any unused funds are yours to keep.
- The funds are tax free when you use them for Qualified Medical Expenses.
- MSAs can’t offer prescription coverage, but you can choose any available Medicare Prescription Drug Plan (PDP) and use your funds toward co-pays, coinsurance and deductibles.
- The MSA can also be paired with supplemental, limited benefit policies, like dental, vision, long-term care, hospital indemnity plans and more, to provide additional coverage.
Who Can Benefit From An MSA?
- Travelers & snowbirds
- HSA fans
- People with controlled chronic conditions
- Health enthusiasts
- Med Supp enrollees